C. Fred Williams, Arkansas historian, diestags: Arkansas
The UALR community is mourning the loss of recently retired, long-time history professor C. Fred Williams, who died Saturday, Nov. 23, 2013.
Williams spent more than 40 years as a teacher, mentor, and advocate, expanding the knowledge of Arkansas far beyond its borders.
His book, A Documentary History of Arkansas, published in collaboration with colleagues of the UALR History Department in 1984, is but one example of his impact on education beyond the campus. The collection of articles, letters, speeches, and government documents dating back to the 17th century is still in use today at schools across Arkansas....
comments powered by Disqus
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC
- Historian enlists Plato in campaign to win converts to an exciting way to teach history
- Teachers walkout in Colorado over AP history controversy and pay