C. Fred Williams, Arkansas historian, diestags: Arkansas
The UALR community is mourning the loss of recently retired, long-time history professor C. Fred Williams, who died Saturday, Nov. 23, 2013.
Williams spent more than 40 years as a teacher, mentor, and advocate, expanding the knowledge of Arkansas far beyond its borders.
His book, A Documentary History of Arkansas, published in collaboration with colleagues of the UALR History Department in 1984, is but one example of his impact on education beyond the campus. The collection of articles, letters, speeches, and government documents dating back to the 17th century is still in use today at schools across Arkansas....
comments powered by Disqus
- Jonathan Zimmerman says homosexuality is not alien to Africa
- Historian Howard Segal says the cost of paying for expensive commencement speeches is diverting funds from where they’re most needed
- Historian Shelly Cline researches female Nazi guards
- Owen Chadwick, Eminent Historian of Christianity, Dies at 99
- Members of the University of South Florida’s history department are finding new ways to get their jobs done after budget cuts