C. Fred Williams, Arkansas historian, diestags: Arkansas
The UALR community is mourning the loss of recently retired, long-time history professor C. Fred Williams, who died Saturday, Nov. 23, 2013.
Williams spent more than 40 years as a teacher, mentor, and advocate, expanding the knowledge of Arkansas far beyond its borders.
His book, A Documentary History of Arkansas, published in collaboration with colleagues of the UALR History Department in 1984, is but one example of his impact on education beyond the campus. The collection of articles, letters, speeches, and government documents dating back to the 17th century is still in use today at schools across Arkansas....
comments powered by Disqus
- Here's a look at history of 'religious freedom' laws
- ‘Hamilton’ Puts Politics Onstage and Politicians in Attendance
- Earth Tectonic Plate Simulation Reveals Our Planet Has Changed A Lot In 200 Million Years
- For G.O.P., Support for Israel Becomes New Litmus Test
- Yale’s Beinecke Library Buys Vast Collection of Lincoln Photos
- History's Grandin Wins Bancroft Prize for "The Empire of Necessity"
- Nobel prize-winning scientist writes a history of science
- Ken Burns tackles history of cancer
- Role-playing history game gets students jazzed