Originally published 12/14/2016
Ted Bonner, an Arkansas school board member, was called on to resign after dressing up in blackface at a Halloween party.
Originally published 11/26/2013
Williams spent more than 40 years at the University of Arkansas.
Originally published 04/23/2013
LITTLE ROCK — Dr. Ray Granade, chair of the Arkansas History Commission, and Richard Davies, Director of the Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism, announced today the hiring of Dr. Lisa K. Speer as the new State Historian and Director of the History Commission. Speer succeeds Dr. Wendy Richter, who resigned in December, 2012. The Arkansas History Commission is the official state archives, with research facilities in Little Rock, Powhatan, and Washington, Arkansas.Born in Fayetteville, Dr. Speer grew up near Malvern, graduated from Glen Rose High School and then from Ouachita Baptist University in 1988 with a degree in History. She earned an MA and PhD in American History from the University of Mississippi, where she worked as Curator of the Mississippi Collection in the University’s Archives and Special Collections. She then earned an MA in Library and Information Studies with archival certification from the University of Alabama, where she worked as an archival technician. For just over a dozen years, Dr. Speer has directed the Special Collections and Archives at Southeast Missouri State University....
- Trump got history wrong in interview with NYT
- A Century-Old Abraham Lincoln Mystery May Finally Have an Answer
- Did an Israeli student steal Auschwitz artifacts for her art exhibit?
- Memorial erected at site of witch trial hangings
- Michael Beschloss says if Trump pardons himself this is worse than Watergate
- One reason H.R. McMaster and Trump don't have a close relationship
- Rick Perlstein joins criticism of Nancy MacLean's "Democracy in Chains"
- Daniel Pipes says it’s time for the Palestinians to recognize they lost
- Wm. Theodore de Bary, Renowned Columbia Sinologist, Dies at 97
- Iran sentences Princeton history grad student to 10 years for spying