Alfred Russell Wallace honoured by statue and new wasp genusBreaking News
tags: evolution, Alfred Russel Wallace
The 100th anniversary of the death of Alfred Russel Wallace, the "forgotten hero" who co-discovered evolution, is being marked today in London.
The first ever statue of the naturalist will be unveiled at the Natural History Museum by Sir David Attenborough.
A new wasp genus - Wallaceaphytis - has been named in honour of the man who has been in Darwin's shadow ever since they co-published their theory in 1858.
The wasp was discovered in Borneo, where Wallace carried out his research....
comments powered by Disqus
- Niall Ferguson says it's no surprise Trump's so popular
- Howard Zinn group backs move to "Abolish Columbus Day"
- Ted Widmer appointed director of John W. Kluge Center
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools