HAPP Digital Archive Wins the 2013 Roy Rosenzweig Prize for Innovation in Digital HistoryHistorians in the News
tags: prizes, awards, digital history, Wilson center
A project of the Woodrow Wilson Center’s History and Public Policy Program, “Digital Archive: International History Declassified,” has been selected as the winner of the 2013 Roy Rosenzweig Prize for Innovation in Digital History. The Rosenzweig Prize is awarded annually in honor and support of work on an innovative and freely available new media project that reflects thoughtful, critical, and rigorous engagement with technology and the practice of history. The prize is jointly sponsored by the American Historical Association and the Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media (CHNM) at George Mason University and will be presented during a ceremony at the Association’s 128th Annual Meeting in Washington, DC, January 2-5, 2014.
The winner was selected by a prize review committee of AHA members including Daniel J. Cohen, Chair (Digital Public Library of America), Stephen M. Robertson (Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media), Stephen Brier (Graduate Center, CUNY), Miriam Forman-Brunell (Univ. of Missouri, Kansas City), Kelly A. McCullough (German Historical Institute) and Michael H. O’Malley (George Mason Univ.)....
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”