Meet LGBT History Month icon Martin Duberman [VIDEO]Historians in the News
tags: videos, LGBT history, Martin Duberman
Martin Duberman is a historian, a playwright, an LGBT activist and the founder of the Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies at the City University of New York (CUNY) Graduate School. He is an acclaimed author of more than 20 books.
Duberman was born Aug. 6, 1930 in New York City. He graduated with honors from Yale and received his Ph.D. in American history from Harvard. In 1961, Duberman won the prestigious Bancroft Prize in American history, and was subsequently named a full professor at Princeton. In 1971, he left Princeton and joined the faculty at CUNY as a Distinguished Professor of History....
comments powered by Disqus
- U.S. Will Give Terrorist Label to White Supremacist Group for First Time
- Bible Museum, Admitting Mistakes, Tries to Convert Its Critics
- Will The Coronavirus Change How Skeptics Think About Science?
- Pandemic Journal, March 30–April 5
- Myron Rolle, now a doctor treating coronavirus patients, draws on football background in crisis