Black History Not Reflected in New Rugby Museum: NkohlaBreaking News
tags: sports, South Africa
Former black provincial rugby players have criticised the contents of the new Springbok museum, which was officially opened in Cape Town on Tuesday.
The ultra-modern museum, situated in the V&A Waterfront, documents the history of rugby in South Africa. Former Eastern Cape KwaZakhele Rugby Union (Kwaru) captain Welile Nkohla says the history of black rugby has not been given the prominence it deserves. "You cannot find black clubs that were established as early as 1894 and 1897 here," says Nkohla...
comments powered by Disqus
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past