Black History Not Reflected in New Rugby Museum: Nkohlatags: sports, South Africa
Former black provincial rugby players have criticised the contents of the new Springbok museum, which was officially opened in Cape Town on Tuesday.
The ultra-modern museum, situated in the V&A Waterfront, documents the history of rugby in South Africa. Former Eastern Cape KwaZakhele Rugby Union (Kwaru) captain Welile Nkohla says the history of black rugby has not been given the prominence it deserves. "You cannot find black clubs that were established as early as 1894 and 1897 here," says Nkohla...
comments powered by Disqus
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing
- Russian historian slams Putin
- Historians and archivists say the NY Public Library no longer functions as a world-class research library
- WaPo chastised for ignoring Venona Papers in obit for Allen Weinstein
- In gay marriage decision, Supreme Court turns to historians for insight