Black History Not Reflected in New Rugby Museum: NkohlaBreaking News
tags: sports, South Africa
Former black provincial rugby players have criticised the contents of the new Springbok museum, which was officially opened in Cape Town on Tuesday.
The ultra-modern museum, situated in the V&A Waterfront, documents the history of rugby in South Africa. Former Eastern Cape KwaZakhele Rugby Union (Kwaru) captain Welile Nkohla says the history of black rugby has not been given the prominence it deserves. "You cannot find black clubs that were established as early as 1894 and 1897 here," says Nkohla...
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments