Black History Not Reflected in New Rugby Museum: NkohlaBreaking News
tags: sports, South Africa
Former black provincial rugby players have criticised the contents of the new Springbok museum, which was officially opened in Cape Town on Tuesday.
The ultra-modern museum, situated in the V&A Waterfront, documents the history of rugby in South Africa. Former Eastern Cape KwaZakhele Rugby Union (Kwaru) captain Welile Nkohla says the history of black rugby has not been given the prominence it deserves. "You cannot find black clubs that were established as early as 1894 and 1897 here," says Nkohla...
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook