Black History Not Reflected in New Rugby Museum: Nkohlatags: sports, South Africa
Former black provincial rugby players have criticised the contents of the new Springbok museum, which was officially opened in Cape Town on Tuesday.
The ultra-modern museum, situated in the V&A Waterfront, documents the history of rugby in South Africa. Former Eastern Cape KwaZakhele Rugby Union (Kwaru) captain Welile Nkohla says the history of black rugby has not been given the prominence it deserves. "You cannot find black clubs that were established as early as 1894 and 1897 here," says Nkohla...
comments powered by Disqus
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences