Naomi Oreskes moves to Harvardtags: Naomi Oreskes
Naomi Oreskes, whose acclaimed book Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco to Global Warming (co-authored with Erik M. Conway) won the 2011 Watson-David Prize from the History of Science Society, has moved to Harvard University after spending fifteen years at the University of California, San Diego.
Professor Oreskes's research focuses on the development of scientific consensus, especially during the Cold War. She is frequently cited as an expert by the media on issues related to climate change dissenters.
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic