Francis to 'open files on Hitler's Pope'Breaking News
tags: Holocaust, Telegraph (UK), Vatican, Pope Francis, Pope Pius XII
Rabbi Abraham Skorka, who has known the Argentine former Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio for 20 years, said he had discussed the role of Pius XII – the man long dubbed as "Hitler's Pope" – at length with the new pontiff.
The Rabbi, who recently co-authored On Heaven and Earth, a book of interviews with his friend, said he had made clear that he thought Pius's legacy ought to be "investigated thoroughly".
"It's a terribly sensitive issue, but he says that it must be investigated thoroughly," he said. "I have no doubt that he will move to open the archives."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Should a slave-era song be used as a sports UK soccer chant?
- Black Georgetown Employee Found Out the School Sold His Great-Great-Great Grandmother
- E.U. Is Turning 60 and Searching for Something to Celebrate
- The Most Controversial Psych Study Is Repeated — Same Weird Result
- A new book explores the stunning revelation that Hemingway spied for the USSR
- Rick Perlstein is asked if Trump’s like Nixon
- Doris Kearns Goodwin Puts Trump's Health Care Defeat In Historical Perspective
- Christina Vella, Author of Sizzling Works of Narrative History, Dies at 75
- Christopher Lasch, the late historian/social commentator, is suddenly everywhere
- Harvard art historian’s interest in black history has roots in her grandfather’s question in high school