Nelson Mandela admitted to hospitalBreaking News
tags: Guardian (UK), South Africa, Nelson Mandela, hospitalization
Nelson Mandela has been admitted to hospital with a recurrence of a lung infection, the South African government said on Thursday.
A statement said the 94-year-old anti-apartheid leader and former president was admitted shortly before midnight. It gave no further details other than to say he was receiving the "best possible expert medical treatment and comfort". Mandela has a history of lung problems dating back to when he contracted tuberculosis as a political prisoner....
comments powered by Disqus
- Lesley Lloyd: Honor to Have Won First Womens' FA Cup 50 Years Ago
- New Orleans Urged to Rename Lee Boulevard after Music Legend Allen Toussaint
- Ken Burns "In Tears" at Posthumous Hall of Fame Induction of Negro League Star Buck O'Neil
- Josh Hawley, Theodore Roosevelt, and the Republican Obsession with Manliness
- Justice Department Closes Emmett Till Investigation Without Charges
- Amy Shira Teitel: Why is Space Such a Boys' Club?
- Adam Tooze: How Sanctions Work (and Why they Often Don't)
- Can We Teach Grad Students in the Humanities to Collaborate?
- New Book Questions Value of Established Treatment Methods in Age of Fentanyl
- Blair Mountain, West Virginia Still Shows the Grip of the Coal Industry