Mussolini’s ‘most secret’ bunker discovered beneath historic Roman structureBreaking News
tags: Italy, Rome, Yahoo News, fascism, Benito Mussolini
Workers in Rome have stumbled across a top-secret bunker once belonging to former Fascist leader Benito Mussolini, hidden underneath the historic Palazzo Venezia.
The discovery is the 12th such bunker as is said to have been the “most secret” of the former strongman’s hideouts, according to the Italian publication La Stampa.
And in what has become a tradition of sorts, the bunker will soon go on display for the public to tour and document, as has been done with other recently discovered Mussolini bunkers. City officials plan to install lighting, a touchscreen system and an air siren, meant to simulate the sounds of an impending air raid....
comments powered by Disqus
- What happened when a teacher assigned a book on "comfort women" shocked her
- Robert Dallek says Trump isn’t qualified to be president
- Oxford backs historian after he’s criticized for saying guilt around British colonialism may have gone too far
- From Two Scholars, African-American Folk Tales for the Next Generation
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials