Adam Laats: Get In Line, David BartonRoundup: Talking About History
tags: conservatism, education, David Barton, Adam Laats, blogs
What history books should American school children read?
Most recently, the history darling-in-chief among many conservatives has been Wallbuilders’ David Barton. Glenn Beck, Mike Huckabee, and other conservative politicians have praised Barton’s vision of American history.
For those who haven’t followed the story lately, here’s a brief synopsis: Barton claims to be the best historian around, the only one honest and dedicated enough to discover the real Christian intention of most of the Founding Fathers. His latest book, The Jefferson Lies, came under brutal attack for its historical inaccuracies and misrepresentations. The accusations came not only from partisan leftists, but also from conservative Christian critics. As a result, the original publisher pulled the book from store shelves. Glenn Beck’s publishing arm quickly picked up the title....
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Data Analysis Can Answer the Question "Do I Live in the Suburbs?"
- Santae Tribble, Whose Wrongful Conviction Revealed FBI Forensic Hair Match Flaws, Dies at 59
- Crowd Rallies to Keep Confederate Memorial in Downtown St. Augustine
- As Divisions Threaten America, The Pressure To Cancel Presidents Is Dangerous
- Trump is Going All In on Divisive Culture Wars. That Might not Work this Time.
- UK Historian David Starkey Quits Cambridge After Slavery Remarks
- Why 2020 Feels Like the Longest Year Of Our Lives — And Yet It’s Only Half Over.
- Historians Question Trump’s Choice of ‘Heroes’ for National Garden Monument
- At Arlington Cemetery, A Confederate Monument to the South and Slavery Still Stands
- Trump Says He Will Create a Statuary Park Honoring ‘American Heroes’