Most popular page visited after arriving at War of 1812 website? The exittags: AP, Canada, War of 1812, commemorations, bicentennials
OTTAWA - The splashy home pages for the Harper government's elaborate War of 1812 website were by far the most popular feature for visitors who crowded into the online museum last year, thanks to an ad blitz during the Olympics.
The next most popular page? The exit.
The government spent upwards of $28 million to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the War of 1812, billing it as an under-appreciated piece of Canadian history.
Indeed, polls conducted in the years prior to the anniversary suggested most Canadians had little knowledge or interest in the conflict that some argue lay the groundwork for Confederation....
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘The Interview’: Seven Other Controversial Film Releases in History
- New Stonehenge Discovery Hailed As 'Most Important In 60 Years'
- Judge Rules 14-Year-Old's Execution a 'Travesty of Justice' in Case in the Jim Crow South
- Lawsuit May Reshape Tourist Industry in History-Rich Savannah
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Turns 75