Most popular page visited after arriving at War of 1812 website? The exitBreaking News
tags: AP, Canada, War of 1812, commemorations, bicentennials
OTTAWA - The splashy home pages for the Harper government's elaborate War of 1812 website were by far the most popular feature for visitors who crowded into the online museum last year, thanks to an ad blitz during the Olympics.
The next most popular page? The exit.
The government spent upwards of $28 million to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the War of 1812, billing it as an under-appreciated piece of Canadian history.
Indeed, polls conducted in the years prior to the anniversary suggested most Canadians had little knowledge or interest in the conflict that some argue lay the groundwork for Confederation....
comments powered by Disqus
- Thomas Jefferson Wrote What? Carson’s Constitutional Misstep
- Agriculture Linked to DNA Changes in Ancient Europe
- A Century Ago, Einstein’s Theory of Relativity Changed Everything
- At Princeton, Woodrow Wilson, a Heralded Alum, Is Recast as an Intolerant One
- Fact-checking Trump's claim that thousands in New Jersey cheered when World Trade Center tumbled