War of 1812
Originally published 10/15/2014
Don't ask British people ... most don't know this ever happened.
Originally published 12/19/2013
About 125 reenactors participated in the commemorations.
Originally published 10/14/2013
Lessons from America's most forgotten war.
Originally published 10/08/2013
Ballast stones found in the Connecticut River may be tied to a battle in which the British set fire to 25 vessels, the war's largest maritime loss.
Originally published 02/04/2013
OTTAWA - The splashy home pages for the Harper government's elaborate War of 1812 website were by far the most popular feature for visitors who crowded into the online museum last year, thanks to an ad blitz during the Olympics.The next most popular page? The exit.The government spent upwards of $28 million to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the War of 1812, billing it as an under-appreciated piece of Canadian history.Indeed, polls conducted in the years prior to the anniversary suggested most Canadians had little knowledge or interest in the conflict that some argue lay the groundwork for Confederation....
Originally published 03/10/2015
Stone Age Brain
In which I predict how she handled the email controversy at her news conference.
Originally published 11/04/2014
There's No There There
Whatever the eventual outcome in Ukraine, Russian interests will have to be atken into account.
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit