SOURCE: Pacific Standard Magazine
Princeton University historian Kevin Kruse offers lessons in how to push back against the claims of the far right
His battle with Dinesh D’Souza.
by Adam Laats
The rightwing activist makes the bogus argument that the GOP is the party of racial justice. But facts won’t carry the day.
That’s the reason name historians show up in his widely discredited film.
At a screening in northern Ohio’s Medina County, it was a hit.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
by Ronald Radosh
His crackpottery is being applauded in conservative outlets that seem to have been infected by a strain of whataboutism that one could call Trump Derangement Derangement Syndrome.
SOURCE: The Hill
Conservative filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza, who was recently pardoned by President Trump, is making comparisons for his next film between the Democratic resistance to Trump and how Democrats didn’t accept President Lincoln’s reelection during the Civil War.
SOURCE: The American Conservative
by Paul Gottfried
Forget Trump---Goldberg, Prager, and D’Souza muddle facts to sell books all the time.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
A Case Western Reserve historian spotted the error.
by Michael Todd Landis
Here’s the sad truth.
- When Jim Crow Reigned Amid the Rubble of Nazi Germany
- Why Suburban American Homeowners Were Accused of Being a 'Profit-Making Cartel' in the 1970s
- Animals large and small once covered North America’s prairies – and in some places, they could again
- Library of Congress acquires major archive of African American photographer Shawn Walker
- A farm boy became a fearsome warrior at Iwo Jima. And he did it with a flamethrower.
- Trump and the Christians: Evangelical historian John Fea on decoding the great paradox
- Six historians weigh in on the biggest misconceptions about black history
- Renowned presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin finally takes on George Washington
- Legal Historian Jed Shugerman Says William Barr's Actions Are "Remarkably Not Normal"
- Historian Ruth Ben-Ghiat Quoted in Washington Post Article on Trump's Quest to Rewrite History