SOURCE: Black Perspectives
by Jillean McCommons
The Sanctified Hill disaster exposed the vulnerability of Black people to climate events due to a combination of placement and neglect.
by John Gaudet
Ecology can help substantiate historical changes that might otherwise go unnoticed.
by Harini Nagendra
It was during the colonial and post-colonial period when the people of India’s relationship with nature changed (for the worse).
by Jan Kunnas
But we can make a good Anthropocene as well.
by Ruth DeFries
In just two hundred thousand years, a blink compared to the 4.5 billion year history of our planet, we have become the only species whose members live mostly in cities and subsist from food produced by a minority.
- Racist Mural Puts Tate Galleries in a Bind
- "We're Going to Publish": The New York Times' Oral History of the Pentagon Papers
- ‘What the Hell Happened?’ Inside the Nikole Hannah-Jones Tenure Case
- Virginia Theological Seminary Pays Reparations to Descendants of Enslaved and Jim Crow Laborers
- Supreme Court Rejects Sentence Reductions for Minor Crack Offenses