SOURCE: Black Perspectives
by Jillean McCommons
The Sanctified Hill disaster exposed the vulnerability of Black people to climate events due to a combination of placement and neglect.
by John Gaudet
Ecology can help substantiate historical changes that might otherwise go unnoticed.
by Harini Nagendra
It was during the colonial and post-colonial period when the people of India’s relationship with nature changed (for the worse).
by Jan Kunnas
But we can make a good Anthropocene as well.
by Ruth DeFries
In just two hundred thousand years, a blink compared to the 4.5 billion year history of our planet, we have become the only species whose members live mostly in cities and subsist from food produced by a minority.
- Jonathan Mirsky: Historian Turned Beijing Correspondent, Mao Fan turned Critic of Beijing
- John Shelby Spong, 90, Liberalizing Episcopal Leader
- Alabama Begins to Remove Racist Language from State Constitution
- Looking for the Gold Rush Town of Chinese Camp
- "The Eyes of Tammy Faye": When the GOP Got in Bed with the Christian Right