SOURCE: Tom Dispatch
by Steve Fraser
The Great Depression and the Climate Crisis, New Deals Then and Now.
SOURCE: Huffington Post
His latest book, “Winter War: Hoover, Roosevelt And The First Clash Over The New Deal” ― is an engaging, character-driven tour through the philosophical debates and political knife-fighting at the nadir of the Great Depression.
Hamburgers Have Been Conscripted Into the Fight Over the Green New Deal. The History of American Beef Shows Why
by Joshua Specht
Hamburgers are the newest front in the culture wars.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Louis Hyman
If we are going to fund a Green New Deal, we need to acknowledge how the original actually worked.
by Ed Simon
The idea of the “commons” as a space of collective ownership, responsibility, engagement, and possibility must be a metaphor that the left draws from rhetorically.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
The Green New Deal’s mastermind is a precocious New Yorker with big ambitions. Sound familiar?
by James Brewer Stewart
The Green New Dealers, the Abolitionists and the “Right Side of History”
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Charles Lane
Politically powerful as the invocation of America’s great collective deeds under Franklin D. Roosevelt might be, however, it is historically misleading — deeply so.
by Michael Brenes
If progressives want to pass environmental legislation, they should pay attention to what happened 50 years ago.
- USA Today Publishes New Articles As Part Of Series, "1619: Searching for Answers"
- Washington doesn't have a Latino history museum. These people are hoping to change that
- A history of key United Auto Workers strikes against GM
- Fact-checking Andrew Yang on history of universal basic income
- Hobby Lobby Will Return Biblical Antiquities Allegedly Stolen by Oxford Professor
- Historians Allison Horrocks and Mary Mahoney bring history to life in podcast
- Modern art historian, US museum director and clergyman EA Carmean, Jr has died, age 74
- Historian Andrew David Teaching Impeachment during an Impeachment Inquiry
- Historian Brad Simpson Says He's Never Read a Letter As Unhinged As Trump's To Erdogan
- Academic Twitter's Gender Imbalance