SOURCE: Huffington Post
His latest book, “Winter War: Hoover, Roosevelt And The First Clash Over The New Deal” ― is an engaging, character-driven tour through the philosophical debates and political knife-fighting at the nadir of the Great Depression.
Hamburgers Have Been Conscripted Into the Fight Over the Green New Deal. The History of American Beef Shows Why
by Joshua Specht
Hamburgers are the newest front in the culture wars.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Louis Hyman
If we are going to fund a Green New Deal, we need to acknowledge how the original actually worked.
by Ed Simon
The idea of the “commons” as a space of collective ownership, responsibility, engagement, and possibility must be a metaphor that the left draws from rhetorically.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
The Green New Deal’s mastermind is a precocious New Yorker with big ambitions. Sound familiar?
by James Brewer Stewart
The Green New Dealers, the Abolitionists and the “Right Side of History”
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Charles Lane
Politically powerful as the invocation of America’s great collective deeds under Franklin D. Roosevelt might be, however, it is historically misleading — deeply so.
by Michael Brenes
If progressives want to pass environmental legislation, they should pay attention to what happened 50 years ago.
- 1619 Project: New York Times Magazine Publishes Special Edition Dedicated to American Slavery and Its Legacies
- National Security Archive Releases New Briefing Book on Chernobyl through the Eyes of the Soviet Politburo, KGB, and U.S. Intelligence
- Before Trump eyed Greenland: Here’s what happened last time the US bought a large chunk of the Arctic
- Illinois Governor Signs Bill Mandating Public Schools Teach LGBTQ History
- Controversial Monument to Women’s Suffrage Redesigned to Include Sojourner Truth
- Historian Elizabeth Hinton Profiled in Harvard Magazine: Color and Incarceration
- 'Clearly, he did not take part in our curriculum': Historians bash Ken Cuccinelli's revised Statue of Liberty Poem
- The Increasing Popularity of Hotel Historians
- If You Call It History, You’ve Got to Do History’: Historians Chafe at a Video That Omitted Their University’s Whites-Only Origins
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum gets grants to help publish Abraham Lincoln papers