SOURCE: Washington Post
by Valerie Strauss
The Nebraska Senator, who holds a PhD in US history, spoke of governing norms above politics and got harsh criticism online.
The Nebraska Republican, who has a PhD in US History from Yale, argued in the Wall Street Journal that the Senate would be made more functional by repealing the 17th Amendment and returning the selection of Senators to the state legislatures.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
In a new book, the Nebraska lawmaker—known for his unease with Trump-era conservative rhetoric—donned his media hat and went after right-wing media's biggest star.
SOURCE: The Hill
He only partly blames his unease with the GOP on Trump.
The Republican senator and persistent Trump critic stokes speculation about his intentions with a soon-to-publish book and new nonprofit.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
US Senator (and historian) Ben Sasse has denounced the policy of separating children from parents at the border
by Jennifer Rubin
But a conservative columnist says he keeps failing to take action.
SOURCE: Lincoln Journal Star
It's going to be titled "Them," with a subtitle of "Why We Hate Each Other and How to Heal."
by Ben Sasse
The book: “The Vanishing American Adult: Our Coming-of-Age Crisis — and How to Rebuild a Culture of Self-Reliance.”
Slate says Ben Sasse is not using his big brain.
- The Deficit Hawks That Make Moderate Democrats Cower
- The Muddled History of Anti-Asian Violence
- Massive Investment in Social Studies and Civics Education Proposed to Address Eroding Trust in Democratic Institutions
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Another Lost Jacob Lawrence Surfaces
- Former Procter and Gamble CEO: America and the World Need History Majors
- Part of Being a Domestic Goddess in 17th-Century Europe Was Making Medicines
- How Dr. Seuss Responded to Critics Who Called Out His Racism
- Discovery Of Schoolhouse For Black Children Now Offers A History Lesson
- People Longing for Movie Theaters During the 1918 Flu Pandemic Feels Very Familiar in 2021
- How Did "Bipartisanship" Become a Goal In Itself? (Podcast)