SOURCE: The Atlantic
The Senator says that large-scale student debt relief would leave in place the dysfunctional features of higher education. Find out what he, presumably in a position to do something, thinks would work better.
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Valerie Strauss
The Nebraska Senator, who holds a PhD in US history, spoke of governing norms above politics and got harsh criticism online.
The Nebraska Republican, who has a PhD in US History from Yale, argued in the Wall Street Journal that the Senate would be made more functional by repealing the 17th Amendment and returning the selection of Senators to the state legislatures.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
In a new book, the Nebraska lawmaker—known for his unease with Trump-era conservative rhetoric—donned his media hat and went after right-wing media's biggest star.
SOURCE: The Hill
He only partly blames his unease with the GOP on Trump.
The Republican senator and persistent Trump critic stokes speculation about his intentions with a soon-to-publish book and new nonprofit.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
US Senator (and historian) Ben Sasse has denounced the policy of separating children from parents at the border
by Jennifer Rubin
But a conservative columnist says he keeps failing to take action.
SOURCE: Lincoln Journal Star
It's going to be titled "Them," with a subtitle of "Why We Hate Each Other and How to Heal."
by Ben Sasse
The book: “The Vanishing American Adult: Our Coming-of-Age Crisis — and How to Rebuild a Culture of Self-Reliance.”
Slate says Ben Sasse is not using his big brain.
- What Happens When SCOTUS is This Unpopular?
- Eve Babitz's Archive Reveals the Person Behind the Persona
- Making a Uranium Ghost Town
- Choosing History—A Rejoinder to William Baude on The Use of History at SCOTUS
- Alexandria, VA Freedom House Museum Reopens, Making Key Site of Slave Trade a Center for Black History
- Primary Source: Winning World War 1 By Fighting Waste at the Grocery Counter
- The Presidential Records Act Explains How the FBI Knew What to Search For at Mar-a-Lago
- Theocracy Now! The Forgotten Influence of L. Brent Bozell on the Right
- Janice Longone, Chronicler of American Food Traditions
- Revisiting Lady Rochford and Her Alleged Betrayal of Anne Boleyn