Historian (and US Senator) Ben Sasse writing book on polarizationHistorians in the News
tags: Ben Sasse
Sen. Ben Sasse is writing a book about the polarization of America.
The book is coming together during the 4 a.m. to 7 a.m. hours that Sasse devotes to reading and writing most days.
It's going to be titled "Them," with a subtitle of "Why We Hate Each Other and How to Heal," Sasse said Wednesday during a telephone interview from Washington.
Nebraska's first-term Republican senator first mentioned the book during an interview with KFAB radio in Omaha earlier in the day.
Last year, Sasse wrote a book titled "The Vanishing American Adult," which attracted a stream of favorable national reviews and was a New York Times Bestseller. ...
comments powered by Disqus
- New findings from Penn Slavery Project show how U. benefitted financially from enslaved labor
- Is it anti-Semitic for President Trump to call Chuck Todd ‘sleepy eyes’?
- Human Evolution: Walking Upright Evolved at Least 3.6 Million Years Ago—Long Before Modern Humans Appeared
- Why a primary challenge to Trump is likely to fail
- Smog and Disasters Spurred the Laws Trump Wants to Undo
- Feds charge controversial Kent State University professor Julio Pino with lying to FBI
- New Yorker publishes profile of H.R. McMaster just weeks after Trump fires him
- Dartmouth historian Matthew J. Garcia says conservative partisans in Arizona have taken over a civics school he once ran
- Berkeley’s Carolyn Merchant explains what ecofeminism is
- University of Southern California's David Kang says Korea is the only place on earth where the Cold War continues