SOURCE: Harvard Magazine
The Life of Black Suffragist Adella Hunt Logan
by Adele Logan Alexander
The brief life of a rebellious black suffragist: 1863-1915.
Historians Raise Concerns Over Central Park’s Suffragist Monument
“If Sojourner Truth is added,” the letter reads, “it could obscure the substantial differences between white and black suffrage activists, and would be misleading.”
SOURCE: Smithsonian Magazine
The Library of Congress Wants Your Help Transcribing Suffragist Papers
Nearly 16,000 pages of diaries, letters, speeches and other documents are available on the library’s crowdsourcing platform.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
When American Suffragists Tried to ‘Wear the Pants’
by Kimberly Chrisman-Campbell
Starting in the 1850s, proponents of the movement for women’s rights traded their long dresses for bloomers—and paid a heavy social price for it.
Rosalyn Terborg-Penn, 77, Dies; Historian Recognized Black Suffragists
Rosalyn Terborg-Penn's writing recalled how the racial split between white and black suffragists became glaringly obvious in 1913 when black participants in a Washington protest march were ordered to walk at the rear.
Black Women Are Using the Vote They Fought So Hard to Win
by Jillean McCommons
Their votes are shifting politics left.
Wearing Pink Pussyhats Continues the Long Tradition of Using Fashion in the Service of Feminism
by Anthony Toth
Who would have guessed that the largest one-day protest in American history would have as its most recognizable symbol a fuzzy pink cap with cat ears?
SOURCE: Huffington Post
For Anti-Trump Protesters: Lessons From the First White House Protests
by Peter Dreier
Those protests were on behalf of the cause of women's suffrage.
Trump Got You Down? Here’s Inspiration.
by Sandra Weber
It’s the story of how suffragists prevailed in the long run by championing human rights.
- Chair of Florida Charter School Board on Firing of Principal: About Policy, Not David Statue
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- The Women of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia
- Historian's Book on 1970s NBA Shows Racial Politics around Basketball Have Always Been Ugly
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History