Steve Waksman on the History of Live Music in AmericaHistorians in the News
tags: music, entertainment
Live music is more than musicians playing music in front of an audience. According to Smith College music professor and rock music historian Steve Waksman, it's also a major business venture. Waksman's book "Live Music in America: A History from Jenny Lind to Beyoncé" delves into live music as a complex cultural and business phenomenon.
Karen Brown of New England Public Media reports.
comments powered by Disqus
- Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham on the AP Af-Am Studies Controversy
- 600 African American Studies Faculty Sign Open Letter in Defense of AP African American Studies
- Organization of American Historians Statement on AP African American Studies
- Historians on DeSantis and the Fight Over Black History
- How the Right Got Waco Wrong