Another Documentarian's Perspective on "The U.S. and the Holocaust"News at Home
tags: Holocaust, documentaries, Ken Burns
Martin Ostrow has been an award-winning documentary producer, writer and director for public, commercial and cable television for more than 30 years.
Jewish refugees from Germany aboard the St. Louis. Nearly all of the 907 passengers were denied entry first to Cuba and then to the United States and Canada in 1939. Returned to Europe, 254 would become victims of the Holocaust.
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Family and Kansas History Converge at Nicodemus Reunion
- Law is Unclear Whether Public College Faculty Have Free Speech Rights in Classroom
- Recovering the Story of the Black Men who were the Nation's First Paramedics
- U of Idaho Advises Faculty of Legal Jeopardy for Discussing Abortion in Classrooms
- The Long Shadow of Pinochet Over Chile's Constitutional Referendum
- Misha Matsumoto Yee is Gilder Lehrman's History Teacher of the Year
- Aaron Burr: The Highest Ranking US Official to be Charged with Treason – So Far?
- When Italian Immigrants were Tricked into Debt Peonage in the Jim Crow South
- Joshua Tait: Will Thiel-Backed Extremists Torpedo GOP Senate Hopes?
- Marcus Weaver-Hightower on the Politics of School Lunch