The White House Conference on HistoryHot Topics
tags: history education, teaching history, Donald Trump, Revisionist History, 1776 commission
On September 17, Constitution Day, the White House convened a panel discussion of the importance of history to the nation, devoting strong criticism to recent trends emphasizing the importance of racism to the founding and development of the nation. Both academic historians and political activists participated. HNN has published original op-eds and reposted news and opinion items from around the internet on the subject, and gathered them here.
comments powered by Disqus
- Indentured Students: Elizabeth Tandy Shermer on Student Debt (Monday, October 4)
- The Last Good Neighbor: Mexico in the Global Sixties (Washington History Seminar, Mon. 9/27)
- Stoic Wisdom: Ancient Lessons for Modern Resilience (Thursday, 9/23)
- Traveling Black: Mia Bay Joins the Washington History Seminar, September 20
- Why are Historians Facing Online Abuse Over Whether Atlantis Existed?