Classroom Activity Kit: The History of Climate ChangeHistorians/History
tags: teachers, classroom, education, lesson plans
Mark Deltor and Sam Mastrianni are interns with the History News Network.
This activity kit was edited by Chelsea Connolly and Kyla Sommers.
Climate change is one of today's most pressing issues, and the topic has a rich history which, when studied, can help students better navigate what they hear and see in the media. The purpose of this activity is to provide students with a history of climate change denial and discuss how tactics applied in other crises, such as anti-smoking campaigns, could be effective today. Students will first discuss their initial understanding of the topic of climate change as a class. They will then watch two videos further clarifying the topic, read one of four articles on the topic as a group, and further discuss these articles as a class.
Download the full activity kit here.
comments powered by Disqus
- Biden Defends Bull Connor Analogy for Opponents of Voting Rights Bill
- Museum of Natural History in New York Removes Theodore Roosevelt Statue
- Another Hendrix Legacy Lawsuit: Family Seeks to Block Royalty Claim by Heirs of Bandmates
- A Texas-Born Princess and Former Scandalous Washington Wife May Lose Roman Villa in Epic Inheritance Fight
- Will SCOTUS Uphold Claim of Heirs for Return of Pissarro Painting Stolen by Nazis?