Video of the Week: Historian Ruger Bregman rails against income inequality at DavosRoundup
tags: Davos, Video of the Week, economic inequality, Rutger Bregman
Rutger Bregman, a Dutch historian and author who studies poverty and global inequality, had a first this year: being invited to the world’s most prominent gathering of wealthy people — the World Economic Forum’s annual meeting in Switzerland — as a speaker.
But after arriving in Davos, the small town in the Swiss Alps where the conference is held, the 30-year-old felt there was something missing from the conversations he had been having over the course of the week.
“I had this uncomfortable feeling,” he said in a phone interview. “Could I really talk about my book and basic income but not address the elephant in the room?”
comments powered by Disqus
- Erika Lee and Carol Anderson on Myths and Realities of Race in American History
- Banished Podcast: Sunshine State's Descent Into Darkness
- Caroline Dodds Pennock on The Indigenous Americans Who Visited Europe
- Why Can't the Democrats Build a Governing Majority? (Review of Timothy Shenk)
- Victimhood and Vengeance: The Reactionary Roots of Christian Nationalism