Hillary Clinton to executive produce TV drama on women’s suffrage with SpielbergBreaking News
tags: Hillary Clinton, suffrage, womens history, womens rights, The Womans Hour
Hillary Clinton is heading to the small screen, executive producing a new TV drama with Steven Spielberg.
The 2016 Democratic presidential nominee is joining forces with the Spielberg's Amblin Television to bring a book about the women's suffrage movement to television, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
"The Woman's Hour: The Great Fight to Win the Vote," by Elaine Weiss, was published earlier this year. The book - which its publisher calls an "inspiring story of activists winning their own freedom in one of the last campaigns forged in the shadow of the Civil War, and the beginning of the great twentieth-century battles for civil rights" - will be adapted into either a TV movie or a limited series.
comments powered by Disqus
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel