Hillary Clinton to executive produce TV drama on women’s suffrage with SpielbergBreaking News
tags: Hillary Clinton, suffrage, womens history, womens rights, The Womans Hour
Hillary Clinton is heading to the small screen, executive producing a new TV drama with Steven Spielberg.
The 2016 Democratic presidential nominee is joining forces with the Spielberg's Amblin Television to bring a book about the women's suffrage movement to television, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
"The Woman's Hour: The Great Fight to Win the Vote," by Elaine Weiss, was published earlier this year. The book - which its publisher calls an "inspiring story of activists winning their own freedom in one of the last campaigns forged in the shadow of the Civil War, and the beginning of the great twentieth-century battles for civil rights" - will be adapted into either a TV movie or a limited series.
comments powered by Disqus
- George Washington gets romanticized by male biographers. Now a woman has taken him on.
- Can Donald Trump Avoid a War with Iran? History Tells Us To Worry.
- Who Owns History? Connecticut Woman Sues Harvard for Family Photos
- In 1933, two rebellious women bought a home in Virginia’s woods. Then the CIA moved in.
- Historic Iwo Jima footage shows individual Marines amid the larger battle
- Historian Ruth Ben-Ghiat Quoted in Washington Post Article on Trump's Quest to Rewrite History
- This one-of-a-kind conference celebrates the real people behind the Underground Railroad
- Zara Steiner, distinguished scholar of diplomatic history, dies at 91
- Historian James T. Kloppenberg Writes Article About Teaching Pete Buttigieg
- How a Fake Priest Duped Oxford and a World-Famous Historian