Carson refers to slaves as 'immigrants' in talk to HUD employeesBreaking News
tags: slavery, immigration, Ben Carson
● Carson Has Called Slaves ‘Immigrants’ for Decades (Politico)
● Ben Carson and the Misuse of History By Jelani Cobb
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson referred to slaves as "immigrants" dreaming of a better life in a talk with department employees, according to Monday reports.
“That’s what America is about. A land of dreams and opportunity,” Carson said. “There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships, worked even longer, even harder for less.”
comments powered by Disqus
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel