Facebook 'censors' nude statue of sea god Neptune, the well-known Renaissance symbol of northern Italian cityBreaking News
tags: facebook, censorship
The sixteenth century Renaissance statue dominates Piazza del Nettuno, a grand square in the heart of Bologna.
A symbol of the prosperous northern Italy city, it was chosen by Elisa Barbari, a local writer, to illustrate her Facebook page, called “Stories, curiosities and views of Bologna”.
comments powered by Disqus
- How American High Schools Teach The Iraq War
- The waves of feminism, and why people keep fighting over them, explained
- Florida to replace Confederate statue in US Capitol
- 43% of Americans still think the Iraq War was a good idea
- “Civilisations" presenter David Olusoga blames Winston Churchill for war crimes in Africa
- University of Chicago’s Hanna Holborn Gray has written a memoir
- Historians’ assessment of Obama’s legacy
- Facebook’s Historian: Professor Heather Cox Richardson