Now Austria Says It Will Likely Redesign Hitler's House, Not Tear It DownBreaking News
tags: Hitler, Austria, Braunau am Inn
A day after the Austrian government said it was planning to tear down the house where Adolf Hitler was born, the interior minister now says it is likely to be redesigned.
The idea is to prevent the property from being a pilgrimage site for neo-Nazis.
"After years of indecision about what to do with the Hitler house, Austrians thought they had a decision," reporter Kerry Skyring tells our Newscast unit. The interior minister had said the building would be demolished, leaving only the foundation.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump’s Getting Us Ready to Fight a Nuclear War
- Monticello Is Done Avoiding Jefferson’s Relationship With Sally Hemings
- Sessions cites Bible passage used to defend slavery in defense of separating immigrant families
- Trump-Kim Deal Promises Answers for Families of Korean War M.I.A.s
- Massachusetts High School Apologizes After Nazi Quote Is Printed in Yearbook
- Randall Stephens predicts most evangelicals will probably fail to come to grips with Trump’s cynical manipulations, his divisive, culture-war grandstanding, his philandering, and his lying
- Wiliam Reese, Leading Seller of Rare Books, Is Dead at 62
- Alisse Theodore points out that women first became politically active in the fight against Andrew Jackson’s genocidal Indian Removal campaign
- More fallout from SHAFR's decision to invite David Petraeus as keynote speaker
- ‘EU is weakest world power’ Niall Ferguson says