Museum of Jewish history opens in PolandBreaking News
tags: Jewish history, Poland, Museum
The presidents of Poland and Israel on Tuesday joined Holocaust survivors for the formal opening of a multimedia museum that tells the 1,000-year history of Jewish life in Poland.
Israeli President Reuven Rivlin, on his first foreign trip as president, and Polish President Bronislaw Komorowski attended the open-air ceremony at the neighboring monument that honors fighters of the 1943 Warsaw Ghetto Uprising.
Speaking in Hebrew, Rivlin said he came as the 10th president of Israel and a son of builders of the State of Israel.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Tom Engelhardt Revisits His First Piece of Critical History – 48 Years Later
- Heather Cox Richardson: Trump isn’t the first president to compare himself to Jesus — the last one who did ‘planned to lead his white supremacist supporters to victory’
- Historians' archival research looks quite different in the digital age
- Senate Historian Daniel S. Holt Featured on Political Theatre Podcast
- The Way We Do the Things We Do: Making History-Making Visible