U.S. Army says war records gap is realBreaking News
tags: military history, U.S. Army, records, historical preservation, ProPublica
The U.S. Army has conceded a significant loss of records documenting battlefield action and other operations in Iraq and Afghanistan and has launched a global search to recover and consolidate field records from the wars.
In an order to all commands and a separate letter to leaders of the House Committee on Veterans’ Affairs, Secretary of the Army John McHugh said the service also is taking immediate steps to clarify responsibility for wartime recordkeeping....
comments powered by Disqus
- The 'America First Caucus' Is Backtracking, But Its Mistaken Ideas About 'Anglo-Saxon' History Still Have Scholars Concerned
- ‘Prejudice’ Exposed? Jane Austen’s Links to Slavery ‘Interrogated’
- 2021 Wolfson Prize Shortlist Announced
- The Chauvin Verdict: ‘The Terrain Going Forward Will Not Be the Same’
- 'The Making Of Biblical Womanhood' Tackles Contradictions In Religious Practice