Jutland survivor to get a faceliftBreaking News
tags: historic preservation, World War I, Battle of Jutland, Daily Mail (UK)
It is the last remaining survivor of the 1916 Battle of Jutland with its glory days far behind it.
But now, the future of this historically significant war ship looks decidedly brighter.
HMS Caroline has been given a grant of £1million for urgent repairs.
The vital money will pay for work that will prevent further decay to the Belfast-based light cruiser while plans are finalised for its long-term future in the city.
Works will include making the ship wind and water tight and incorporate the removal of dangerous asbestos while the ship is in situ and afloat....
comments powered by Disqus
- All of American history fits in the life span of only three presidents
- A rare copy of the Declaration of Independence survived the Civil War hidden behind wallpaper. Later it was tossed in a box.
- ‘We say now’: The day more than 25,000 Florida teachers resigned over pay and school funding
- Every president’s health, ranked
- Was Pirate Black Sam Bellamy Found? DNA Test Could Tell
- History Coalition asks historians to "Urge Your Representative to Join the Congressional History Caucus"
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89