by Joan E. Cashin
“The Free State of Jones” is a movie for our times.
Reviews of the movie America's talking about.
by Ron Briley
It’s based on historian Victoria E. Bynum’s “The Free State of Jones: Mississippi's Longest Civil War.”
by Sussan Ayala Rodriguez
A historian sifts the facts from the myths.
- Oklahoma ACLU Files Suit Against State Ban on Critical Race Theory
- St. Malo, Louisiana, Site of Earliest Filipino-American Settlement, Threatened by Climate Change
- Executive Privilege was out of Control Before Steve Bannon Claimed It
- Can Skeletons Have Racial Identity?
- Diver Discovers 900-Year-Old Sword Dating to the Crusades
- Leonard Moore: On Teaching Black History to White People
- How Cigarettes Became a Civil Rights Issue
- David Graeber and David Wengrow Have Given Human History a Rewrite
- Dems Worry Not Passing Biden Agenda Will Kill Them in the Midterms. Does Legislation Actually Matter?
- #HATM: "Historians at the Movies" Builds Community One Screening at a Time