by Joan E. Cashin
“The Free State of Jones” is a movie for our times.
Reviews of the movie America's talking about.
by Ron Briley
It’s based on historian Victoria E. Bynum’s “The Free State of Jones: Mississippi's Longest Civil War.”
by Sussan Ayala Rodriguez
A historian sifts the facts from the myths.
- Merrittocracy with Keri Leigh Merritt: Kevin Kruse on the 2020 Election
- Radical Protests Propelled the Suffrage Movement. Here’s How a New Museum Captures That History
- Not Every U.S. Presidential Race Has Been Decided on Election Day. Here’s What to Know About America’s History of Contested Elections
- Control, Alter, Delete:Hong Kong Activists and Academics are Hurrying to Digitize Historical Records
- Voter Fraud, Suppression and Partisanship: A Look at the 1876 Election