Originally published 03/30/2017
A fight over originalism.
Originally published 03/22/2017
That’s what this historian thinks.
Originally published 03/21/2017
How should the courts use history?
Originally published 03/20/2017
Akhil Reed Amar
He's an originalist. So are (surprise!) a lot of liberals.
Originally published 03/07/2017
The stable original intent we can most likely take from them is that we all must be keenly alive to our duty to be thoughtful, compassionate citizens.
Originally published 02/23/2016
It wasn’t Robert Bork or Antonin Scalia.
Originally published 01/29/2013
"The key issues I want to address in this article are the constitutional principles Mr. LaPierre is so intent on defending."
Originally published 05/26/2010
An index of our coverage.
- The Dark and Divisive History of America’s Thanksgiving Hymn
- In America, there was a time when even 'Thanksgiving' was a fightin' word
- Was Walt Whitman 'gay'?
- Victims of Canada’s ‘Gay Purge’ to Get Apology from Trudeau
- Should Trump Be Impeached? What Founding Father James Madison Gave as Grounds for Impeachment.
- Is This Professor ‘Putin’s American Apologist’?
- Vietnam veterans challenge Ken Burns on the accuracy of his epic documentary
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race