Originally published 03/30/2017
A fight over originalism.
Originally published 03/22/2017
That’s what this historian thinks.
Originally published 03/21/2017
How should the courts use history?
Originally published 03/20/2017
Akhil Reed Amar
He's an originalist. So are (surprise!) a lot of liberals.
Originally published 03/07/2017
The stable original intent we can most likely take from them is that we all must be keenly alive to our duty to be thoughtful, compassionate citizens.
Originally published 02/23/2016
It wasn’t Robert Bork or Antonin Scalia.
Originally published 01/29/2013
"The key issues I want to address in this article are the constitutional principles Mr. LaPierre is so intent on defending."
Originally published 05/26/2010
An index of our coverage.
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- A ‘Quest for Justice’ for Murdered Civil Rights Pioneer, 52 Years Later
- Under Trump, Most Americans Lack Basic Knowledge to Understand Current Events, Study Finds
- Trump wants a military parade down Pennsylvania Avenue on July 4th
- What Happens When an Entire Campus Is Rooted in the Confederacy?
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar
- Peter Dreier calls on Americans to build monuments to liberal heroes