SOURCE: Lapham's Quarterly
by Lindsay M. Chervinsky
George Washington tries to give the public what it wants.
SOURCE: The Washington Times
November 30, 2019
by Andrew Blake
Trump may have beaten Lincoln as a "better president" to some GOP members, but 59% of GOP faithful say Reagan still was better than Trump
by Wendy Melillo
One lesson is already clear: We expect too much from polls.
by Robert Wuthnow (Interview)
It was in 1976 when pollsters suddenly discovered the evangelical vote.
- The Real Reason the American Economy Boomed After World War II
- Florence Revives Medieval Plague-Era ‘Wine Windows’ for Contactless Service
- Tulane Canceled a Talk by the Author of an Acclaimed Anti-Racism Book After Students Said the Event Was 'Violent'
- Sunday Reading: Hiroshima
- More Than a Century Before the 19th Amendment, Women were Voting in New Jersey
- Black Americans Who Served in WWII Faced Segregation and Second-Class Roles
- Lincoln Library Cancels Exhibition Over Racial Sensitivity Concerns
- Nixon Did Call the Military on Protesters. He Just Covered It Up.
- Historians Pay Tribute: ‘Today We Live In John Hume’s Ireland, And Thank God For That’
- Let Us Drink in Public