SOURCE: NY Times
Historian Ron Chernow Cracks Jokes at White House Correspondents’ Dinner
In choosing a scholar over a satirist, the Correspondents’ Association had sought to solemnize a dinner known for its comedic puncturing of the Washington bubble.
Ron Chernow’s Biography of US Grant is caught up in the fight over Confederate statues
by Albert R. Hunt
In the Wall Street Journal Al Hunt says the book shows why Virginia should fret a statue to Grant.
Review of Ron Chernow’s "Grant"
by John Reeves
Chernow has now provided us with a compelling explanation of why Grant was indeed the first soldier of the Civil War, though there’s always the matter of the sacrifice of all those lives lost in battle.
SOURCE: Time Magazine
Ron Chernow says Hamilton was one of the most modern founding fathers
Hamilton’s vision for America won out over Jefferson’s.
SOURCE: The Times of Israel
Ron Chernow was shocked that Lin-Manuel Miranda wanted to turn his biography of Hamilton into a play
Chernow admits he was a little taken aback the first time he attended a rehearsal — the cast was made up almost exclusively of people of color. But he soon decided the casting was “a stroke of genius,” he said.
- A Secret Joke Clouds Harvard's Affirmative Action Case
- An Amateur Historian Helped Find Richard III's Remains Under a Parking Garage. Her Story Hits the Screen
- Why LAUSD Teachers Walked Out
- The Role of US Evangelicals in Radicalizing Ugandans Against LGBTQ Rights
- Culture Warrior Chris Rufo is DeSantis's Most Important Ally
- The PR War for Cancer Awareness has Reduced the Stigma, but not the Cost, of Illness
- The Jim Crow Reign of Terror
- Francesca Morgan Dissects the American Obsession with Genealogy
- Florida Legislation Recalls the Tragic History behind Fights for Sex Education
- Kate Strasdin Breaks Down Authenticity on Bridgerton and other Costume Dramas