Originally published 10/20/2017
Chernow has now provided us with a compelling explanation of why Grant was indeed the first soldier of the Civil War, though there’s always the matter of the sacrifice of all those lives lost in battle.
Originally published 12/30/2015
Hamilton’s vision for America won out over Jefferson’s.
Originally published 09/15/2015
Ron Chernow was shocked that Lin-Manuel Miranda wanted to turn his biography of Hamilton into a play
Chernow admits he was a little taken aback the first time he attended a rehearsal — the cast was made up almost exclusively of people of color. But he soon decided the casting was “a stroke of genius,” he said.
- The Dark and Divisive History of America’s Thanksgiving Hymn
- In America, there was a time when even 'Thanksgiving' was a fightin' word
- Was Walt Whitman 'gay'?
- Victims of Canada’s ‘Gay Purge’ to Get Apology from Trudeau
- Should Trump Be Impeached? What Founding Father James Madison Gave as Grounds for Impeachment.
- Is This Professor ‘Putin’s American Apologist’?
- Vietnam veterans challenge Ken Burns on the accuracy of his epic documentary
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race