Originally published 12/27/2017
Albert R. Hunt
In the Wall Street Journal Al Hunt says the book shows why Virginia should fret a statue to Grant.
Originally published 10/20/2017
Chernow has now provided us with a compelling explanation of why Grant was indeed the first soldier of the Civil War, though there’s always the matter of the sacrifice of all those lives lost in battle.
Originally published 12/30/2015
Hamilton’s vision for America won out over Jefferson’s.
Originally published 09/15/2015
Ron Chernow was shocked that Lin-Manuel Miranda wanted to turn his biography of Hamilton into a play
Chernow admits he was a little taken aback the first time he attended a rehearsal — the cast was made up almost exclusively of people of color. But he soon decided the casting was “a stroke of genius,” he said.
- Polish prime minister seeks dialogue with Israel on 'difficult history'
- Writer Makes the Case for Impeaching Clarence Thomas
- Finding a Lock of George Washington’s Hair, and a Link to American History
- How Does Trump Stack Up Against the Best — and Worst — Presidents?
- Russia Isn’t the Only One Meddling in Elections. We Do It, Too.
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89
- Right after the Civil War, says Stanford's Richard White, Americans were really hopeful, then reality hit