SOURCE: The New Republic
TNR's "Politics of Everything" podcast discusses how bipartisanship came to be the end of politics instead of a means to achieve other goals. Features historian Julian Zelizer.
SOURCE: In These Times
Article on History of Failed Bipartisanship Features Quotes from Manisha Sinha, Eric Foner, Corey Robin, Thomas Frank, Nancy Maclean, and Rick Perlstein
by Branko Marcetic
Biden wants to bring the parties together. But for 50 years, that's meant the Right winning every time.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Louis Galambos
History provides a lesson about how the United States can return to bipartisanship and more civil political discourse.
by Sheldon M. Stern
What Republican hardliner Charlie Halleck told JFK during the Cuban Missile Crisis.
- The 'America First Caucus' Is Backtracking, But Its Mistaken Ideas About 'Anglo-Saxon' History Still Have Scholars Concerned
- ‘Prejudice’ Exposed? Jane Austen’s Links to Slavery ‘Interrogated’
- 2021 Wolfson Prize Shortlist Announced
- The Chauvin Verdict: ‘The Terrain Going Forward Will Not Be the Same’
- 'The Making Of Biblical Womanhood' Tackles Contradictions In Religious Practice