SOURCE: NY Times
His Soviet code name was Godsend, and he came to Los Alamos from a family of secret agents.
She Was Born Into Slavery, Was a Spy and Is Celebrated as a Hero—But We're Missing the Point of the 'Mary Bowser' Story
by Lois Leveen
As a historian, I’ve grown concerned that our impulse to celebrate a black spy in the Confederate White House is impeding us from getting history right, in troubling ways.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
An old-boy operation was transformed by women during World War II, and at last the unsung upstarts are getting their due.
by James Thornton Harris
The Ghost, a new biography of Angleton by Jefferson Morley, a Washington journalist, provides an intriguing look at this powerful, enigmatic Cold Warrior.
KGB defector Yuri Nosenko was imprisoned after the CIA grew suspicious of claims he had intimate information regarding the assassination.
by John A. Nagy
Concerned about spies from the beginning of the war, his policy was to feed them false information.
In World War II these Two British Sisters Worked as Spies. Then the War Ended and so Did Their Chance for a Liberated Life
by Susan Ottaway
If caught the female agents were given the same treatment as their male counterparts. Many of the women were captured, some were tortured and others executed.
- ‘Lock me up’: The last man to be arrested for defying Congress during an investigation
- Faith made Harriet Tubman fearless as she rescued slaves
- A Turkish dam is about to flood one of the oldest continuously settled places on Earth
- Soldiers got Medals of Honor for massacring Native Americans. This bill would take them away.
- UNC Will Give Silent Sam to a Confederate Group — Along With a $2.5-Million Trust
- The Ten Best History Books of 2019
- ‘Well Worth Saving’
- Anne Boleyn Has Had a Bad Reputation for Nearly 500 Years. Hayley Nolan Wants to Change That
- James Grossman Writes Article on Career Diversity: "Revising Revisited: Words Matter When It Comes to Career Diversity"
- Review: A Gospel for the Poor: Global Social Christianity and the Latin American Evangelical Left