Originally published 07/29/2014
That’s just one of the many interesting questions addressed in an exhibit on World War I now on display in Berlin.
Originally published 06/13/2014
Efforts to confront today’s “boy problem” in public education suffer from a want of historical perspective.
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean