Hillary Clinton to executive produce TV drama on women’s suffrage with SpielbergBreaking News
tags: Hillary Clinton, suffrage, womens history, womens rights, The Womans Hour
Hillary Clinton is heading to the small screen, executive producing a new TV drama with Steven Spielberg.
The 2016 Democratic presidential nominee is joining forces with the Spielberg's Amblin Television to bring a book about the women's suffrage movement to television, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
"The Woman's Hour: The Great Fight to Win the Vote," by Elaine Weiss, was published earlier this year. The book - which its publisher calls an "inspiring story of activists winning their own freedom in one of the last campaigns forged in the shadow of the Civil War, and the beginning of the great twentieth-century battles for civil rights" - will be adapted into either a TV movie or a limited series.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Exhibit Lauded Freedom of Expression. It Was Silenced.
- What 1860 and 1968 can teach America about the 2020 presidential election
- Nevada Sen. Cortez Masto introduces bill to honor women’s suffrage with series of new quarters
- Hillary and Chelsea Clinton are writing their first book together about 'gutsy' women through history
- The Hotel Historian Is at Your Service
- 2 New Podcast Episodes Discuss How the Republican Party became the Party of Trump and CIA "Black Sites"
- ‘Karl Marx: Philosophy and Revolution’ Review: On the Marxist Question
- Tony Platt Reviews Simon Schama’s The Embarrassment of Riches: An Interpretation of Dutch Culture in the Golden Age
- Professor Breaks Down U.S. Racism, Trump’s ‘Ugliness’ In 3 Powerful Minutes
- ‘Charles I's Killers in America’ Review: Regicides on the Run