Hillary Clinton to executive produce TV drama on women’s suffrage with SpielbergBreaking News
tags: Hillary Clinton, suffrage, womens history, womens rights, The Womans Hour
Hillary Clinton is heading to the small screen, executive producing a new TV drama with Steven Spielberg.
The 2016 Democratic presidential nominee is joining forces with the Spielberg's Amblin Television to bring a book about the women's suffrage movement to television, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
"The Woman's Hour: The Great Fight to Win the Vote," by Elaine Weiss, was published earlier this year. The book - which its publisher calls an "inspiring story of activists winning their own freedom in one of the last campaigns forged in the shadow of the Civil War, and the beginning of the great twentieth-century battles for civil rights" - will be adapted into either a TV movie or a limited series.
comments powered by Disqus
- Brexit will ultimately destabilise Europe, historians fear
- The Justinianic Plague's Devastating Impact Was Likely Exaggerated
- 'Human, vulnerable and perfect': New Rosa Parks exhibit shines light on civil rights legend
- How Charlottesville’s Echoes Forced New Zealand to Confront Its History
- Mary Thompson Featured in Article on George Washington's Dog Breeding
- China Releases History Professor, But Travel Concerns Persist
- Gordon Wood Interviewed on the New York Times’ 1619 Project
- Books by Garret Martin, Balazs Martonffy, Ronald Suny, and Kelly McFarland Featured in Article on NATO at 50
- The secret history of women in America, told through their belongings
- Irish Archive Recreates Documents Lost in in 1922 fire