Hillary Clinton to executive produce TV drama on women’s suffrage with SpielbergBreaking News
tags: Hillary Clinton, suffrage, womens history, womens rights, The Womans Hour
Hillary Clinton is heading to the small screen, executive producing a new TV drama with Steven Spielberg.
The 2016 Democratic presidential nominee is joining forces with the Spielberg's Amblin Television to bring a book about the women's suffrage movement to television, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
"The Woman's Hour: The Great Fight to Win the Vote," by Elaine Weiss, was published earlier this year. The book - which its publisher calls an "inspiring story of activists winning their own freedom in one of the last campaigns forged in the shadow of the Civil War, and the beginning of the great twentieth-century battles for civil rights" - will be adapted into either a TV movie or a limited series.
comments powered by Disqus
- Jill Lepore Reviews Seven New Books About the Apollo 11 Mission
- ‘Reckoning’ Follows a 50-Year Road to #MeToo
- The Daughters of the Confederacy Who Turned Their Heritage to Political Ends
- What Should Happen to Confederate Statues? A City Auctions One for $1.4 Million
- Richmond Is at a Crossroads. Will Arthur Ashe Boulevard Point the Way?
- Leading historians and academics to launch five-year project to chronicle the UK's history dating back to 1603
- Holocaust historians divided over Warsaw ghetto museum
- The Holocaust Survivor Who Deciphered Nazi Doublespeak
- Peter Selz, Curator and Art Historian Committed to the New, Is Dead at 100
- When John Hope Franklin and Pepsi Made a Black History Record