Originally published 01/29/2016
Harriet F. Senie
We should stop turning the victims into heroes.
Originally published 10/19/2015
Just remember what Richard Clarke wrote in his memoir of his time in the administration.
Originally published 09/07/2015
Many people have heard of Todd Beamer’s courage (“Let’s roll”). But relatively few know about Betty Ong’s.
Originally published 08/04/2014
Charles B. Strozier
Discrimination about the geographical unfolding of sadness on 9/11 helps us understand its impact and meaning.
Originally published 07/20/2014
The site contains more contradictions, unresolved and perhaps unresolvable, than any other eight acres in Manhattan.
Originally published 08/09/2005
What historians have to say about 9-11.
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea