Originally published 05/10/2017
Waldo Heinrichs and Marc Gallicchio
R-Day (this stands for redeployment and readjustment) was the day in 1945 when GIs in Europe and the Pacific Theater learned if they had accumulated enough points to be sent home.
Originally published 05/14/2014
“The Germans... don’t like China constantly comparing them with Japan and going on about the war.”
Originally published 05/10/2014
The remarkable discovery of a box of letters in the archives of the BBC is shedding new light on conditions and attitudes in France during World War Two.
- Trump got history wrong in interview with NYT
- A Century-Old Abraham Lincoln Mystery May Finally Have an Answer
- Did an Israeli student steal Auschwitz artifacts for her art exhibit?
- Memorial erected at site of witch trial hangings
- Michael Beschloss says if Trump pardons himself this is worse than Watergate
- One reason H.R. McMaster and Trump don't have a close relationship
- Rick Perlstein joins criticism of Nancy MacLean's "Democracy in Chains"
- Daniel Pipes says it’s time for the Palestinians to recognize they lost
- Wm. Theodore de Bary, Renowned Columbia Sinologist, Dies at 97
- Iran sentences Princeton history grad student to 10 years for spying