Originally published 08/05/2016
"After Tommie Smith and John Carlos raised their fists in silent protest, sports legend Brent Musburger wrote a hateful screed comparing them to Nazis. It’s time for him to say ‘sorry.’ "
Originally published 06/17/2016
Fifty years ago this Thursday, a pivotal speech in Greenwood, Mississippi radically changed the direction of the global civil rights movement forever – when Trinidadian immigrant Stokely Carmichael popularized the phrase “Black Power.”
Originally published 03/06/2015
Only a few miles away from where the legendary march began, a new phase of civil-rights activism gathered momentum.
Originally published 12/30/2013
New biography of Darcus Howe claims struggle is ignored because it does not fit idea of Britain as 'utopia of fair play'.
- The original Watergate lock that burglars picked open is going to auction
- Trump, Mueller And The Ancient History Of Grants Of Immunity
- Documents show Gorbachev was assured US wouldn't expand NATO into Central and Eastern Europe
- Memorial to honor 4,000 victims of lynching to be built in Montgomery, Alabama
- Study: Inequality is a phenomenon of the past 10,000 years
- Linda Gordon’s new book captures how white supremacy has long been part of our political mainstream
- Yale Civil Rights history course is a "call to action" and a chance "to be woke”
- Gil Troy back’s Trump decision on Jerusalem
- College Board revises AP European history test in response to criticism by conservatives
- AHA says it’s feasible to stop the proposed tax on grad student tuition waivers