Originally published 03/25/2014
Big Data and the Internet of Things means the surveillance of everything.
Originally published 12/16/2013
A blast from the past, as a New York Times letter to the editor from 1970 on surveillance resonates remarkably well today.
Originally published 10/24/2013
James Madison went back and forth over how security should inflect the powers we invest in government.
Originally published 09/27/2013
...along with Muhammad Ali, Martin Luther King, and a Washington Post humorist.
Originally published 09/05/2013
The Ottoman ruler's body is buried in Istanbul, but his heart is (reputedly) buried in Hungary
Originally published 10/31/2013
The narrative that critics rely on now only reinforces the administration's own story.
- Russian History Receives a Makeover That Starts With Ivan the Terrible
- Parsing Ronald Reagan’s Words for Early Signs of Alzheimer’s
- Here's a look at history of 'religious freedom' laws
- ‘Hamilton’ Puts Politics Onstage and Politicians in Attendance
- Earth Tectonic Plate Simulation Reveals Our Planet Has Changed A Lot In 200 Million Years
- Historians make it easy for visitors to DC to understand the history of the Mall
- History's Grandin Wins Bancroft Prize for "The Empire of Necessity"
- Nobel prize-winning scientist writes a history of science
- Ken Burns tackles history of cancer
- If historians have their way, Americans will soon learn how important religion has been in US history