Originally published 03/25/2014
Big Data and the Internet of Things means the surveillance of everything.
Originally published 12/16/2013
A blast from the past, as a New York Times letter to the editor from 1970 on surveillance resonates remarkably well today.
Originally published 10/24/2013
James Madison went back and forth over how security should inflect the powers we invest in government.
Originally published 09/27/2013
...along with Muhammad Ali, Martin Luther King, and a Washington Post humorist.
Originally published 09/05/2013
The Ottoman ruler's body is buried in Istanbul, but his heart is (reputedly) buried in Hungary
Originally published 10/31/2013
The narrative that critics rely on now only reinforces the administration's own story.
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- History Camp "unconference" returns for the second year in Boston
- History Department at Connecticut College deplores Facebook post on Palestinians
- Historians join other scholars in protesting Georgia's anti-gay legislation
- Homeland Security historian builds winning case against Salvadoran leader who oversaw crimes
- What Howard Zinn taught the students of Spelman College