Originally published 03/25/2014
Big Data and the Internet of Things means the surveillance of everything.
Originally published 12/16/2013
A blast from the past, as a New York Times letter to the editor from 1970 on surveillance resonates remarkably well today.
Originally published 10/24/2013
James Madison went back and forth over how security should inflect the powers we invest in government.
Originally published 09/27/2013
...along with Muhammad Ali, Martin Luther King, and a Washington Post humorist.
Originally published 09/05/2013
The Ottoman ruler's body is buried in Istanbul, but his heart is (reputedly) buried in Hungary
Originally published 10/31/2013
The narrative that critics rely on now only reinforces the administration's own story.
- Kitty Genovese Killing Is Retold in the Film ‘37’
- Lithuania wants to erase its ugly history of Nazi collaboration
- Huckabee: Iran nuclear deal will march Israelis ‘to the door of the oven’
- Connecticut Democrats drop Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson names from annual fundraising dinner
- AP releases a million minutes of filmed history to YouTube
- Historian Howard Segal says the cost of paying for expensive commencement speeches is diverting funds from where they’re most needed
- Historian Shelly Cline researches female Nazi guards
- Owen Chadwick, Eminent Historian of Christianity, Dies at 99
- Members of the University of South Florida’s history department are finding new ways to get their jobs done after budget cuts
- Testing the U.S.-Israel Bond