SOURCE: Common Dreams
700 teachers asked to receive copies of the book after an Arkansas legislator proposed banning it from schools.
by Norman Markowitz
Howard Zinn will be read for decades; his critics, not so much.
- "We're Still Here": Past and Present Collide at a Native American Residential School
- Historians on Teaching with Integrity in the Face of "Gag Laws"
- The Complicated History of Abortion and Abortion Law in the United States
- Discovery of Earliest Known Record of Mayan Calendar
- Buffalo Shooting Centuries in Making, Say Historians of Slavery and Reconstruction