Originally published 07/03/2013
The Queen has officially reopened the former home of author Sir Walter Scott in the Scottish Borders after its multi-million pound restoration.Abbotsford House, near Melrose, will open to the public on Thursday.The royal visitor was given a tour of the house, which shut for major renovations nearly two years ago.The Abbotsford Trust hopes the historic building can become both an "important cultural centre and tourist destination" for the region....
- State lawmaker files bill to remove Virginia's Robert E. Lee statue from U.S. Capitol
- Massive Data Project Will Help People Identify Enslaved Ancestors
- U.S. Democracy Experienced Biggest Drop In 40 Years
- New Fox Series: Bill Clinton's Scandals
- Thailand drops royal insult charges against elderly historian
- Robert Caro says he’s reached 1966 in his next book on LBJ
- AHA asks members to "Help Protect the Census"
- Sports Historian Explains Why She Wrote that the NCAA is the Modern Jim Crow
- Ibram X. Kendi says "The Heartbeat of Racism Is Denial”
- Historians Call Trump’s ‘Sh*thole’ Comment "The Most Openly Racist by a President in Decades"