Originally published 10/14/2016
Terri Diane Halperin
It’s a question we’ve been asking since the birth of the Republic.
Originally published 08/31/2015
In imposing the death penalty that federal officials committed a cruel and unjust act, no matter her guilt as an aware spectator of her husband's spying.
Originally published 06/24/2013
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif said Monday that his newly installed government intends to press treason charges against the former military ruler Pervez Musharraf, setting up a potential clash with Pakistan’s powerful military.In a speech to Parliament on Monday that was sharply critical of the military, Mr. Sharif said that Mr. Musharraf had to answer for his acts during his years in power, comments that drew loud applause from Mr. Sharif’s supporters.But the government has stopped short of pressing formal charges against Mr. Musharraf because Mr. Sharif says he wants to first consult with the country’s other political parties.The treason case against Mr. Musharraf is pending in the Supreme Court, and charges have also been pressed in four other cases relating to Mr. Musharraf’s rule from 1999 to 2008. He has remained under house arrest at his villa outside Islamabad since April, shortly after his return from years of exile abroad....
- Berlin's street names provoke debate over forgotten colonial history
- 'World's first newspaper published in Korea in 1557'
- Trump’s claim that ‘no administration has accomplished more in the first 90 days’
- Trump parroted Chinese version of history
- Museum of the American Revolution opens: 'It's high time we had a museum such as this'
- David McCullough: President Trump's Disregard for History Is 'Utter Nonsense'
- Professor uses role-playing, video game to teach history
- American Historical Review apology prompts soul-searching over racial gatekeeping in the academe
- Professor who tweeted Trump 'must hang' goes on leave for semester
- Jonathan Zimmerman is joining the growing ranks of liberal historians alarmed by college speech codes