Originally published 03/18/2013
A Roman sculpture of a Cotswold god has been found in a castle cupboard after being missing for over 100 years. The artefact, dated 150-350AD, was first found during an archaeological dig on the estate of Sudeley Castle in 1875. But when historians found records of the discovery in the 1960s, there was no trace of the sculpture. The Roman altar God has now been found in a basement cupboard during a clear out at the Gloucestershire castle....
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)