Originally published 03/18/2013
A Roman sculpture of a Cotswold god has been found in a castle cupboard after being missing for over 100 years. The artefact, dated 150-350AD, was first found during an archaeological dig on the estate of Sudeley Castle in 1875. But when historians found records of the discovery in the 1960s, there was no trace of the sculpture. The Roman altar God has now been found in a basement cupboard during a clear out at the Gloucestershire castle....
- Diane Ravitch: The Common Core Costs Billions and Hurts Students
- Israel Historian on King David Hotel Bombing: 'It Was an Act of Terror'
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer