Roman artefact discovered in Sudeley Castle cupboardBreaking News
tags: archaeology, Roman, AD, Cotswold
A Roman sculpture of a Cotswold god has been found in a castle cupboard after being missing for over 100 years.
The artefact, dated 150-350AD, was first found during an archaeological dig on the estate of Sudeley Castle in 1875.
But when historians found records of the discovery in the 1960s, there was no trace of the sculpture.
The Roman altar God has now been found in a basement cupboard during a clear out at the Gloucestershire castle....
comments powered by Disqus
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide