Originally published 05/02/2017
Walter R. Borneman
Getting a fact wrong. Mea culpa.
Originally published 04/22/2016
And he was the only available leader around in 1942.
Originally published 03/07/2013
Emotions have been running high at screenings of the historical drama "Emperor."The Japanese American coproduction, which opens Friday, revolves around the dilemma Gen. Douglas MacArthur faced as he tried to restore order in post-World War II Japan: Should the country's divine leader, Emperor Hirohito, stand trial and face certain death on war crimes charges?When the producers screened "Emperor" recently in Japan, producer Gary Foster said, many men were in tears as they left the theater."It was almost a cathartic moment," he said....
- Robert Dallek says Trump isn’t qualified to be president
- Oxford backs historian after he’s criticized for saying guilt around British colonialism may have gone too far
- From Two Scholars, African-American Folk Tales for the Next Generation
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.