SOURCE: Tampa Bay Times
“It’s a place that needs to be remembered,” said Lizzie Jenkins, 82, whose aunt escaped the massacre. “That house is part of who I am.”
The creator of The New York Times 1619 project and Pulitzer Prize winner Nikole Hannah-Jones speaks with CNN's Manu Raju about the history behind the wealth gap between white Americans and Black Americans
WBUR's On Point discusses the issue of reparations to African Americans with economics and public policy professor William Darity and also discusses the legacy of the Rosewood Massacre with the grandson of the oldest survivor of the Florida episode of racist terrorism.
- St. Malo, Louisiana, Site of Earliest Filipino-American Settlement, Threatened by Climate Change
- Executive Privilege was out of Control Before Steve Bannon Claimed It
- Can Skeletons Have Racial Identity?
- Diver Discovers 900-Year-Old Sword Dating to the Crusades
- Is the Academy's New Museum Neglecting the Jewish Pioneers of Hollywood?
- How Cigarettes Became a Civil Rights Issue
- David Graeber and David Wengrow Have Given Human History a Rewrite
- Dems Worry Not Passing Biden Agenda Will Kill Them in the Midterms. Does Legislation Actually Matter?
- #HATM: "Historians at the Movies" Builds Community One Screening at a Time
- Must We Unite Around Slaveholders? Woody Holton and Jamelle Bouie on the Politics of History